During the Autumn of 2021 in Finland, the SWPBS project offers free behavioral support trainings to participating schools. The goal is to support the schools to build multitiered SWPBS with strong Tier 2 and 3 level support. Both CICO and CICO Plus support are built based on the quality universal level support of the SWPBS support.
Researchers of the University of Jyväskylä provide training for the new personnel and those already familiar with CICO support and school specific consultation for the launch of CICO Plus support. Additional support and consultation is also provided based on the schools’ needs when needed.
Trainers are the project researchers Mika Paananen and Anne Karhu but, in the trainings, an essential part is also sharing experiences and successes from schools and supporting regional networking.
- Researchers are available online for one hour for new teachers and CICO instructors
- Pass by to say hello and get acquainted!
“There are no stupid questions, no point not asking” 😊
CICO training for schools already undertaking CICO support
- Occupational training afternoon for schools already undertaking CICO support:
- joint start — dissenting contribution to CICO accountability teachers and CICO instructors
- Register by 15 September
School basis consultation for the launch of CICO Plus support (c. 3-4 row)
- School specific consultative support for schools implementing CICO Plus. Remote guidance schedules are agreed on a school-by-school basis. Stages of building the CICO Plus support model are described below, where we can support the school team if necessary.
- Functional behavioral assessment and formulation of the CICO Plus Phase Goals
- cooperation and school-specific reconciliation with CICO support
- Implementation, structure, and objectives of CICO Plus
- monitoring the student's progress, modifying support
- continuous progress monitoring
More information about the trainings
Anne Karhu, KT Mika Paananen, PsT
postdoctoral researcher, JYU postdoctoral researcher, JYU