* Select your language for subtitles
- A Needs Analysis on Schoolwide Positive Behavior Supports across Cyprus, Greece, Finland and
- Conducted a thorough critical review of current peer-reviewed empirical research evidence on schoolwide positive behavior supports and official documents.
- Collected quantitative and qualitative data from each country to identify educational stakeholders’ needs around schoolwide discipline prevention and existing student socio emotional supports.
- Compiled an action plan, based on the above findings.
The following tools were used to conduct the for needs-assessment analysis.
- Intervention materials and implementations for Tiers I, II, and III. Partners:
- Developed training manuals and material (e.g. e-learning space, e-learning modules, Online resources etc.) for Tiers I, II, and III.
- Trained external coaches to provide technical assistance to schools, during the implementations.
- Proceeded with SWPBS interventions in primary schools for Tiers I (CY, GR, RO), II, and III.
- Piloting reports for SWPBS Tiers 1, 2 and 3 and coaching and professional development training manuals. Partners:
- Pilot tested the training material with the respective target groups
- Revised and finalised the documents according to the feedback
- Compiled national piloting reports
Piloting reports for SWPBS Tiers 1, 2 and 3 training manuals
Piloting reports for coaching and professional development training manual on SWPBS
- “Getting off” the ground: Implementing SWPBS in primary schools With regards to the SWPBS framework implementation, partners:
- Developed detailed reports to present the SWPBS Tier 1 three-year implementation
- Developed detailed reports to present the SWPBS Tier 2 pilot implementation
- Evaluation plan and materials to assess field trials for Tiers I, II, and III. Partners:
- Developed an evaluation plan for Tiers I, II, and III.
- Developed evaluation tools (e.g., questionnaires, digital collection tool, focus group guide etc.) for Tiers I, II, and III.
- Proceeded with experimentation field trails in primary schools for Tiers I, II, and III.
- Conducted pre/post assessments for Tiers I, II, and III field trials.
- Localized and adopted the Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI) and School-wide Evaluation Tool (SET)
- Developed coaching protocols for evaluating external coaches’ performance
- European Conference 2022. The conference is organised due to the completion of the 3-year
implementation of the project in more than 90 primary schools in Cyprus, Finland, Greece and Romania. The aim of
the Conference is to highlight the importance and benefits of creating whole-school systems for the development
of social skills and the promotion of positive behaviour, exchange good practices, and strengthen the
formulation of structured policies in the field.
- Dissemination workshops to increase the SWPBS framework visibility and outreach: In this workshops the project’s goals, aims and activities were presented, while participants will take up in various related education activities. All products, outcomes, and results were shared with the target groups, and successful case studies will be employed proved the benefits of the project approach.
Policy recommendations for scalability and sustainability of SWPBS after identifying common risks, successes and effective practices. Partners prepared a set of policy guidelines considering research plans for expanding SWPBS implementation to a larger number of schools and European countries and mapping out the contextual policy knowledge on inclusive education and school violence prevention in each country.